2. India has recorded the largest increase in its Ultra-High Net worth Individual (HNIW) club among the BRICS nations in the last one year, with a total of 7,850 super rich people in the country, according to the World Ultra Wealth report 2013 by Wealth-X, a global wealth intelligence and prospecting company, India is home to as many as 7,850 high net worth individuals whose collective net worth is $935 billion.
3. Indonesia on Saturday said the final of Miss World, later this month, would take place on the Hindu-majority holiday island of Bali instead of near the capital, after days of Muslim hard-line protests.
4.The 7th India-Lao Joint Commission Meeting on bilateral cooperation was held in Vientiane on 9 September 2013.
5. Thomas Bach of Germany was elected as the ninth President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC). He is the successor of Jacques Rogge of Belgium, who headed the IOC, since 2001 to 10 September 2013.
6. The much-anticipated shortlist for the Man Booker Prize 2013 is out and the Indian-born U.S.-based author Jhumpa Lahiri’s book “The Lowland” finds a place on it. She is one of six writers whose books have made it to the shortlist.
7. Vocalist Bombay Jayashri has been picked for this year’s Indira Sivasailam endowment medal and concert. The fourth Indira Sivasailam endowment concert will be held at The Music Academy, Chennai on October 12.
8. The country’s largest software services firm Tata Consultancy Services said it has bagged a five-year multi-million euros deal from SAS Scandinavian Airlines to help transform and optimise its IT infrastructure.
9. Russia lifted the ban on import of non-basmati rice from India on 10 September 2013, which will eventually lead to an increase in the export of non-basmati rise from India. Russia also lifted the ban on the oilseeds apart from non-basmati rice.
10. Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan was the guest of honour at a reception hosted by British Prime Minister David Cameron’s wife, Samantha Cameron at their official residence for acharity initiative for diabetes.
11. The Vice President of India M. Hamid Ansari presented the First Sree Narayan Guru Global Secular & Peace Award 2013 to Dr. Shashi Tharoor, Minister of State for Human Resources Development, Government of India at a function in Thiruvananthpuram, Kerala on 10 September 2013.
12. Sunila Abeysekera, the Sri Lankan activist who spent over 20 years documenting human rights violations in Sri Lanka, passed away in Colombo on 9 September 2013 due to long illness. She was 61 years of age.
13. Italy and the Netherlands became the first European nations to clinch qualification for the2014 World Cupfinals with victories on a busy night of action on Tuesday.
14. One third of the food produced worldwide is wasted, costing the global economy around $750 billion a year, a new report by the UN food agency said today.
15. SBI not to give car loan if annual income less than Rs 6 lakh.
16. Yuvraj Singh named India A captain against West Indies A.
17. Aditya Birla Group to acquire Gujarat cement for Rs 3,800 crore.
Submit Your Resume and get Calls ( Single Time Submission of your CV for more than 1000+ Companies)
|Join Our Group CLICK HERE|
|To Get Daily updates to your Mail Box:: CLICK HERE|
|Preparing For SBI,IBPS And Other Jobs CLICK HERE|
|Get Updates To Facebook CLICK HERE|